One man's meate is another man's poyson 1618

Fri May 20 21:21:25 UTC 2005

Sorry that I can't recall the story, put the punch
line is "One man's Meade is another man's Persian."
Sound familiar to any of you?

http://gateway.proquest.com/openurl?ctx_ver=Z39.88-2003&res_id=xri:eebo&rft_id=xri:eebo:image:15695:14

>  From New York Daily Times, Jan. 26 1853, p.4
>
> Loss and Gain.--There is an old proverb which says:
> "What is one man's
> meat is another man's poison." This old, musty, but
> true proverb, for
> the last two days, has been entirely reversed at
> Columbian Hall, No. 281
> Grand-st.as thousands of ladies can testify. What
> was one man's loss was
> another, yes, a thousand ladies' gain.
>

> --
>
> Dr. Rachel E. Shuttlesworth
> CLIR Post-Doctoral Fellow
> University of Alabama Libraries
> Box 870266, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487-0266
> Office: 205.348.4655/ Fax:205.348.8833
> rachel.e.shuttlesworth at ua.edu

                               |or slowly and cautiously.

Yahoo! Mail