Northwest dialect-creaky voice

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Sun May 22 19:37:28 UTC 2005

In our work in southeastern Michigan, we have tentaitvely conclued
that the  more creaky voice (in women), the more advancement in the
Northern Cities Shift. We think there is no cause and effect between
the two, but that they are both related to gender, class, and
perhgpas even more individualistic characteristics of identity.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor of Linguistics
preston at msu.edu