creature vs. critter

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 23 23:36:13 UTC 2005

Spot for series _Paleoworld_ on the Discovery Science Channel moments ago :

"Discover all there is to know about our prehistoric creatures and critters - on _Paleoworld_!"

OED doesn't quite explain this distinction.  I presume that "critters" are cuter or at least smaller than "creatures."

The precise meaning of "our" in the sentence may be of interest, but I'll let it go.

JL