Salt and pepper revisited

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed May 25 17:18:26 UTC 2005

>Another source on this topic is Cooper and Ross's 1975 CLS paper
>"World Order".  They call these constructions "freezes".  Check the
>ADS-L archives for a discussion several years ago (Feb. 2-3 1996)
>about freezes.
>
>Tricia

Yes, actually that was the paper I cited a couple of times in our
recent thread on the topic (see e.g. my posting of 5/17), but I was
just speculating then that there must have been work done on it
since.  The Wright et al. paper starts with Cooper & Ross (and the
even earlier treatment of "irreversible binominals" by Yakov Malkiel)
but carries it forward from there.  The "me first" stuff in Cooper &
Ross is a lot of fun, though.

Larry