Re:       Re: † † † Re: Origin of word "redskin"

Tue May 31 01:32:43 UTC 2005

In a message dated 5/30/05 1:43:21 AM, zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU writes:

> i neither recommended nor disparaged.  if i cannot give pointers to
> other people's opinions without being taken to endorse everything
> they say, then i'll just stop suggesting stuff.  [vernacular
> translation: fuck you.]

I'm sorry that I offended Arnold Zwicky. Clearly, my choice of the verb
"recommend" was ill-advised.

And misconstrued. I did not mean to imply that Arnold "endorsed" the article,
only that he mentioned it in a context in which I assumed he was suggesting
that reading it might in some way or another be worthwhile.

I apologize for any offense that was given. I did not mean in any way to
disparage Arnold Zwicky, who is in fact one of the scholars in our field whom I
most deeply respect and admire.