Vietnam Graffiti Project (X sucks, etc.)

Thu Nov 3 05:40:11 UTC 2005

I received an email from Justin Saffell, head of Information Technology
for the Vietnam Project at Texas Tech, who designed the Virtual Vietnam
Archive and is supervising the addition of materials. He came across our
discussion of the Vietnam Graffiti Project through a Google search, and he
wanted to pass on some additional information...

-----
I wanted to let you know that we are developing a site specifically for
this project. This site will include a search page to search only the
canvases, and you will be able to narrow down searches to groupings, like
all canvases that include calendars.  Also, through this website,
organizations will be able to request the loan of canvases for display.
We are still in the process of developing this site.  One of our students
is working on a history of the USNS General John Pope, and that is how he
ran across your listserv posting.  We hope to have the site public before
Thanksgiving.

I also noticed in your posting that you mentioned you could find no way to
create a stable url to an item.  This actually hadn't occurred to me. I am
going to work on adding this function in the near future.
-----

They seem very receptive to suggestions for improving the Virtual Archive.
If anyone wants to pass on their ideas, Saffell's email address is:
<justin.saffell at ttu.edu>.

--Ben Zimmer