Bad SF lexicon

Jim Parish jparish at SIUE.EDU
Tue Nov 8 03:42:51 UTC 2005

Wilson Gray wrote, of Dean Koontz' output:
> Twenty novels in five years?! no wonder that it struck Jim as hackwork!

'Swhat the book says. It may be worth recalling, though, that SF novels
of that period were a deal shorter than they tend to be today. (I recall,
when I first read Zelazny's _Lord of Light_ back around 1970, thinking
that it was quite long; I recently came across a copy, and found that it
was of no more than average length by today's standards.)

Jim Parish