ADS-L Digest - 6 Nov 2005 to 7 Nov 2005 (#2005-312)

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Wed Nov 9 15:12:30 UTC 2005

At 12:02 AM 11/8/2005, you wrote:
>I'd prefer a direct quote from Labov about this, as many of the
>paraphrases given in the piece seem a bit suspect.
How about this:  http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~wlabov/Papers/TD.pdf

Geoff Nathan (who heard a live version of this paper a couple months
ago at the International Historical Conference)

Geoff
Geoffrey S. Nathan <geoffnathan at wayne.edu>
Faculty Liaison, Computing and Information Technology,
         and Associate Professor of English
Linguistics Program                     Phone Numbers
Department of English                   Computing and Information
Technology:  (313) 577-1259
Wayne State University                  Linguistics (English):  (313) 577-8621
Detroit, MI, 48202                      C&IT Fax: (313) 577-1338