"punchboard"

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Thu Nov 17 14:15:25 UTC 2005

Just a few years ago, in a bar in rural Wisconsin I think. They are
still around, on a limited, local basis. In the old days they were
"franchises." You paid for the boards and prize and then placed them
in local stores. The economic potential for such an enterprise was
often advertised in comics and popular magazines.

Who remembers the derived slang item? punchboard = a girl with many
sexual partners.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston