Interesting sentence ...

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Tue Nov 22 22:16:04 UTC 2005

Yes, it probably is influenced by German and Dutch, where 'Kommst du mit?' and 'Kom je mee?' are just fine. Interestingly, this is also found in South African English, where it was influenced by Dutch/Afrikaans.
Fritz

>>> preston at MSU.EDU 11/22/05 02:00PM >>>
Come with, go with, no object, very common in German(ic) influenced
areas throughout the Midwest. Sounds like waiting for the second shoe
to fall to me.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston