Chinese "kanji"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 7 02:38:47 UTC 2005

Yes.  He writes:  "Hiragana script is arranged in the Iroha order,
which by itself makes up a famous Buddhist poem."  The order is  i ro
ha ni ho he to chi ri nu ru (etc.).  And Katakana "is arranged in the
Gojuonjun, meaning the 'order of fifty sounds'."  This order (I
assume, following the same path in his chart as the Iroha) a i u e o
ka ki ku ke ko sa (tc.)  Nakamishi, p 94.

Joel