For some, "Christian" (adj.) no longer includes Lutherans

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 13 01:56:09 UTC 2005

Tracy Lindsey Melchior, soap actress and author, has just told Larry King on CNN that she was "baptized Lutheran" but is now "Christian."

Though Larry was nonplussed ( "But Lutheran is Christian...?"), Tracy wasn't. "The church I attend now is just Christian. It's evangelical. It's more of a 'seeking' church."

(The above dialogue is partly reconstructed.)

I'm used to the contentious superstition that Catholics are non-Christians, but Protestant Lutherans ?  Will Presbyterians and Methodists be next ?

JL