UBC graffiti (1969)

Fri Oct 14 18:13:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:40:35 -0700, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

>I recognize the following, though I can't always say just when I heard
>or saw them.
[...]
>"Ice cream has no bones." [I think was a charades challenge in an "I
>Love Lucy" episode.]

I can't find any evidence that "ice cream has no bones" was ever used in
"I Love Lucy"... but doesn't this old non-sequitur trace its roots back to
the song "I Like Bananas Because They Have No Bones" by the Hoosier Hot
Shots (1936)?

http://www.hoosierhotshots.com/ilikebananas.html

--Ben Zimmer