UBC graffiti (1969)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 15 02:51:45 UTC 2005

Thanks for the cites, Ben.

There's another variety of this game having to do with made-up brand
names and used as "jones" or joking insults, if there are such things.
A couple of examples that I can recall, both having to do with shoes,
are:

What brand of shoes [are] you wearing? They look like "Seymours."
You see more feet than you do shoes. [The shoes are so worn that not
only the soles, but also the uppers have holes in them.]

What brand of shoes [are] you wearing? They look like "Dunlops."
The heels [are] run down and *done* lopped over.

-Wilson

--
-Wilson Gray