UBC graffiti (1969)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Oct 17 03:12:41 UTC 2005

>Geez, Larry! You are absolutely merciless! ;-) But that does remind me
>of another one. Unfortunately, I'm no longer sure how the joke went,
>but it was something like this.
>
>In the men's room, a couple of guys are standing side-by-side taking a
>leak. One speaks.
>
>You're a member of Congregation Beth Israel.
>
>Why, yes! But how'd you know?!
>
>Rabbi Milstein is the mohel there. He always cuts left and you're
>pissing on my right foot.
>
>(Yes, I realize that it takes a certain suspension of disbelief or,
>failing that, complete ignorance. Either the mohel was a total
>incompetent or he was a total butcher.)
>
>-Wilson

So how come if you find a particularly careful butcher, you never
call him a total mohel?

Then there's the woman who's visiting Israel and notices her watch
needs a battery. She doesn't read Hebrew but she finally sees a shop
with clocks and watches in the window.  She goes in and hands the man
her clock. The man says, "Madam, I don't repair clocks. I am a mohel."
She asks, "Then why all the clocks in the window?"
And he says, "And what *should* I have in my window?"

Larry