The changes just keep on coming.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 18 18:50:50 UTC 2005

I've just heard someone say, "I love my boss depends on me."

In my lost youth, people said things like,

"I love the fact that my boss depends on me."

With the passage of time, I noticed that people had begun to say things like,

"I love it that my boss depends on me."

Since this is the way that it's said in a lot of foreign languages, I
forced myself to become accustomed to it and even spoke that way
myself, from time to time.

Then people began to say, "I love that my boss depends on me."

Well, language changes. What can you do? So, I went with the flow.

But, "I love my boss depends on me"?!

As the song said, "No! I can't go for that." Not that it'll do any good. Sigh!

-Wilson Gray