Glamazon; Buggy Whip

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 28 13:10:35 UTC 2005

GLAMAZON--This is in the NY Post's "Page Six" photo caption today. I don't recall if we've discussed it.
BUGGY WHIP--On Urban Elephants, someone writes today:
"Real reform would send them the way of the buggy whip."
When did "buggy whip" mean "outdated by technology"?
When did this tired analogy start?
BUGGY WHIP--94,900 Google hits,
gapingvoid: "it's like watching the buggy whip industry getting a ... "it's like watching the buggy whip industry getting a whip made mandatory for every car". zzzzsteak14.jpg. Brilliant article from Hamish: ...
www.gapingvoid.com/Moveable_Type/archives/001433.html - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

AlterNet: DURST: The Buggy Whip of Politics Please show your support with a tax-deductible donation. Feedback Tell us how we're doing. DURST: The Buggy Whip of Politics. By Will Durst, AlterNet. ...
www.alternet.org/columnists/story/16349/ - 18k - Oct 26, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Who are the buggy whip makers of 2001? Yet there are thriving businesses today that could be the buggy whip makers of the ... Another candidate for the buggy whip dustbin is the long distance ...
www.morochove.com/watch/cw/ff80319x.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages
(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Liberals Demand Buggy Whip Jobs Be Recreated
Liberasl are screaming that Buggy Whip makers have been out of work for too
many years ( Bush's fault of course) . Instead of telling ...
alt.politics.bush - Oct 31 2003, 3:32 am by Roger - 7 messages - 6 authors
(GOOGLE NEWS)
Monday Morning Quarterback Part Four
Box Office Prophets - 21 hours ago
... We aren't anywhere near the point where big screen movie releases will go the way of the buggy whip and the eight-track tape, but Hollywood has to be nervous. ...

Energy Offers Hope For West Virginia
State Journal, WV - Oct 27, 2005
... powerhouse. The days of cheap energy have gone the way of the buggy whip. That economic reality is a double-edged sword for West Virginia. ...