Brag Book

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Oct 31 15:48:34 UTC 2005

        Here's an example from the New York Times, 8/5/1983:

        <<"I been coming here for 17 years," said Little Jimmy, who
produced his card, which said "Little Jimmy, the World's Smallest Maitre
D,'" and a book of photographs that he calls his Brag Book.

        "That's my name, just Little Jimmy," he said.  "I'm an actor,
I've been on television, on the "Time Bandits," on "Bonanza."  I'm the
National Leprechaun for Anheuser-Busch.  I'm like the mascot of this
place.  When I go to all the other clubs they say, 'Look, it's Little
Jimmy from the Corso,' the Italian dwarf from Brooklyn.  I'm proud of
it.  This place is like home.">>

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:12 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Brag Book

Sam Flax (Third Avenue and East 55th Street) is having a sale on "brag
books." This has 357,000 Google hits, but is not in OED.
ProQuest is down right now. Any "brag book" origins?
(TRADEMARK)
    Word Mark FISHERMAN'S BRAG BOOK
Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 016. US 037. G & S: photo albums.
FIRST
USE:  19900101. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19900101  Mark Drawing Code (1)
TYPED DRAWING  Serial Number 74051729  Filing Date April 23, 1990
Current Filing Basis 1A  Original Filing Basis 1A  Supplemental Register
Date September 5, 1990 Registration Number 1630514  Registration Date
January 1, 1991  Owner
(REGISTRANT) Deluxe Craft Manufacturing Co. CORPORATION ILLINOIS 1945
N. Fairfield Avenue Chicago ILLINOIS 60647  Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE
TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "BRAG BOOK" APART FROM  THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark TRADEMARK Register SUPPLEMENTAL  Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date July 8, 1997