What does "laconic" mean?

Fri Sep 2 13:21:53 UTC 2005

Shouting "FIRE!" or "DUCK!" or "RUN!" certainly
qualify as terse, but I don't think anyone would call
the speaker laconic.  For all I know, the Spartans
might have been very emotional people in spite of
their brevity, but to me the word "laconic" includes
an indication of emotional distance or disinterest.