Tiger Woods

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 4 02:43:50 UTC 2005

Oh, yes. I remember old Ferdinand Feghoot. There was the one in which
ole Ferd, a man of no prejudices whatsoever, was, nevertheless, forced
to demonstrate his supposed anti-Catholicsim vociferously. Joining the
mob rioting against the Church of Rome, he began to shout, "No
potpourri! No potpourr!"

I agree that the Feghoots appeared in F&SF, though, if memory serves,
they definitely began during the '50's and possibly also continued
into the '60's.

Does anyone recall Galaxy's series, "Origins of Intergalactic Slang"?
Of this I remember only "Kigmy: an expression of hostility from an
unexpected source."

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray