Last Call:Submissions for ADS Newsletter

Tue Sep 6 14:10:45 UTC 2005

Last call for submissions to the September ADS newsletter!

Fellow American Dialect Society members:

We are preparing September's issue of the Newsletter of the American
Dialect Society and are soliciting submissions from members about
their language-related books published in the last year or two. If
you'd like to be included, please send along to me a brief précis or
synopsis with relevant bibliographic info.

Other items appropriate for the newsletter include notes on the
availability or the awarding of fellowships, scholarships, grants,
jobs, or internships; membership drives for affiliated or related
organizations; obituaries of colleagues; announcements of
conferences, colloquia, or meetings of related or affiliated
organizations; calls for papers or requests for assistance with
language-related journals, books, or other projects.

Please send all submissions directly to me, not to the list, by
September 1, 2005.

Thanks,

Grant Barrett
gbarrett at worldnewyork.org
Interim ADS Vice President for Communication and Technology
ADS Webmaster