Terror Dome; Dallas Morning News (1885-present?)

Tue Sep 6 16:35:55 UTC 2005

> DALLAS MORNING NEWS (_www.dallasnews.com)--I_
> (http://www.dallasnews.com)--I)  was looking at a  Texas
> newspaper--the Dallas Morning News, perhaps the best
> newspaper in Texas.  Is it all online from 1885? Can you buy
> a day pass for only $9.95? Is it full  text? If so, this is
> wonderful. Can someone look up "New York Minute" and
> "Tex-Mex" and "taco" and "enchilada" and "fajita" and "nacho"
> and "taco salad"  and "corn chips" and "Frito pie" and "pecan
> pie" and "burrito" and "chimichanga"  and "tortilla curtain"
> and "wetback" and "margarita
> + cocktail" and "No  way, Jose" and "big hat--no cattle" and "jazz"
> + (there are
> early Texas cites) and  such?

I may can get access.  The text recognition SUCKS (22 returns for "jazz"
in 1913, none of which seem to be of any use).

With so many false positives, it would be helpful if you had dates you
needed to antedate for each of the terms you mention above.