1913 "jazz"; was: Terror Dome; Dallas Morning News (1885-present?)

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Tue Sep 6 19:02:42 UTC 2005

Are they all false positives?  Are there any valid 1913 attestations?  I'm currently compiling draft #3 about the origin of the term "jazz" (slated for the Oct./Nov. issue of Comments on Etymology), and any attestations from the Dallas Morning News would be of interest.

Gerald Cohen

        Original message from Bill Mullins, Sept. 6, 2005: