Nonsexual lickety-split

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 8 20:08:00 UTC 2005

I had no idea that "box" = "cunt" was known among those -- I assume –
of "the other group." When I first heard this slang usage, ca.1955,
its primary reference was to the female arse, but it could also refer
to the female genitalia. In those days, there was a popular song
amongst us colored called "Crazy 'Bout Lollipops." This was parodied
as "Crazy 'Bout Your Big Box." Needless to say, the reference is
clearly to the female buttocks.

BTW, have others noticed the treatment of "buttocks" as though it was
a singular, "but-tox"? As in, "He stabbed me in my left but-tox."
Perhaps it's language that's like a box of chocolates.

FWIW, "splijt" is the usual Dutch term for "vulva," used by women as
well as by men.

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray