Those Swinging Swiss; or, a "Jass Club" in 1905

Michael McKernan mckernan at LOCALNET.COM
Fri Sep 9 00:23:32 UTC 2005

>Whoa.  Don't forget that famous silent film (190X):  YOUNG MAN WITH AN
>ALPENHORN, which also introduced jazz yodeling to US audiences, through
>those fabulous tight shots featuring actual glottal flips, captured on film
>for the first time ever.  It was the bane of every theater organist!  I've
>heard that Clint Eastwood is talking of adding a soundtrack (digitally
>remixed from wax cylinders) to the surviving footage, and reissuing this
>classic.  Can't you hear Jersusalem moan?
>
>Michael McKernan

OOOOOPS!  Forgot to add a prosodicon.  (I think the ADS-L-elders--and
youngers-- are right, forget emoticons!  I decree, henceforth, prosodicons.
So please create some,  toot sweet, all you graphically-able keyboardists.)

Michael McKernan