Nonsexual lickety-split

neil neil at TYPOG.CO.UK
Fri Sep 9 07:29:02 UTC 2005

on 9/8/05 11:57 PM, Mullins, Bill at Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Mullins, Bill" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject:      Re: Nonsexual lickety-split

--> -

>> Sexual "spunk," n., appears in the (relatively) recent American
> umliterature;
>> probably the verb does too, but I haven't noted it.

Sexual equality of sorts was intimated in Paris in the '50s [probably an
American author]:

'Rosa too was beginning to moan and drove her fingers into her aching maw
with a frenzy that showed her coming was also near. Then, with a shuddering
groan, her hands slowed between her thighs and with convulsive kicks she too
spunked down her warm thighs.'
- Pearson Groves, 'Juvenile Lead,', Pall Mall Press, Paris, 1957

-- Neil Crawford