Cheney's "Katrina exercise"

Sun Sep 11 06:30:29 UTC 2005

>From Reuters...

-----
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050910/ts_nm/katrina_wrap_dc
Rescuers collect dead, Cheney sounds upbeat
[...]
Vice President Dick Cheney visited an emergency management center in
Austin, Texas, and said the government was finally gaining control of the
situation.
"I think we are in fact on our way to getting on top of the whole Katrina
exercise. We've got a lot of work ahead of us," he said.
-----

This tone-deafness might explain why Cheney was kept under wraps for the
first week or so of the Katrina, um, exercise.

--Ben Zimmer