"Gridlock squared"

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 12 13:28:22 UTC 2005

Get Ready for Gridlock Near the United Nations
7Online.com, NY - 1 hour ago
... Eyewitness News reporter Jen Maxfield is live on the East Side with more. The NYPD says there is no doubt,parts of the city will be "gridlock squared". ...

'Gridlock Squared'
New York Sun (subscription), NY - Sep 9, 2005
... a briefing yesterday. "The best way to describe traffic next week would be gridlock squared," Mr. Kelly said. And the conditions ...

Gridlock mess next week as UN assembles
New York Daily News, NY - Sep 9, 2005
... ever. "The best way to describe traffic next week will be gridlock squared," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said yesterday. Nearly ...

"Gridlock squared"? It's the "grid" a square?
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC:
I announced on Saturday for Manhattan Borough President. All of the media got press kits. No one showed up.
I went home and turned on NY1. It had an "exclusive announcement" from Al Sharpton. It's enough to make you throw up.
The star of Saturday was David Fitz Gerald (nephew of track writer John J. Fitz Gerald), coming all the way from New Jersey. NYC will never appreciate him. The African-American stablehand has still not been honored. If the media covers me at all, it will say "little known Barry Popik."
This last weekend, the NY Times covered "Mayoraoke," a karaoke of candidates. If I had sung "Feelings," that would have been more important to New York.
NEW YORK SUN, 9-12-2005, pg. 6 "One Party Rule" editorial:
For president of Manhattan, Democrats have at least eight prominent candidates to choose from, while Republicans are fielding just one contender.