W's "A"

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Fri Sep 16 20:29:59 UTC 2005

>W shares a lot of linguistic mannerisms with his daddy, whose public
>speaking, at least, was larded with lots of emphatic forms, often in (to
>me, at least) unexpected contexts.
>
>Peter Mc.
Oh, yes, Poppy's ineptitude was legendary.  I remember his turning to an
aide, at some public function in Seattle, not realizing that there was an
open mike near him, & saying  (in his characteristic querulous whine),
"Where do they get these people?" about a man locally regarded as a saint
who gave most of his time & energy to helping the poor & homeless.
AM