schnazzy (1937)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 16 21:16:24 UTC 2005

I remember Baby Snooks on radio, Dixie Dugan in the funnies, and Jimmy
Durante from  both radio and TV. I don't recall "schnozzle" in
reference to Durante's beak, which means nothing. It's just an
observation. But I do recall the other two terms and his also being
referred to as "The Nose." I was a really big fan of his. But were his
nicknamess really so well-known and so widely used as to affect the
pronunciation of another word beginning with sn-? And why just that
one word?

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray