verb eponyms

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 19 17:37:01 UTC 2005

There're pander and sherlock.  Michael Adams reports "Scully" and "Keyser Soze"
in "Slayer Slang" (there are probably more such Buffyisms but those are the two
I found with a quick glance).  And, by a rather circuitous route, "pants,"
which is derived from pantaloon, which is in turn derived from the Commedia
character Pantaloon/Pantalone.

Jeff Prucher