"stuck on stupid"

Thu Sep 22 03:53:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:42:20 -0500, Mullins, Bill wrote:

>"Mayor scores with youth unit" BY Pam McClintock and Vincent McCraw
>THE WASHINGTON TIMES  11 August 1990 PG A2
>
>" "We're talking about a government with hate in its heart coming after
>one person using millions of dollars. We need to start letting {U.S.
>Attorney General Dick} Thornburgh know that he shouldn't get stuck on
>stupid and try this again. He needs to let it go," said Ms. Hughes.  "
>[Cathy Hughes:  Cathy Hughes Show on WOL-AM radio]
>
>Back atcha . . .  <G>

Also from 1990... in the song "It's Your Life" by the rapper Too $hort
(aka Todd Anthony Shaw), from his album _Short Dog's in the House_:

-----
You'll be stuck on stupid, for smokin a friend,
Ten years from now you'll still be in the pen.
http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/tooshort/rm_bside/yourlife.tss.txt
-----

--Ben Zimmer