cubic gallons

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 22 18:19:47 UTC 2005

Bill, I heard that!

FWIW, back in the '70's, there was a company that sold liquid
hand-cleaner in containers whose content it referred to as "four
liters - one metric gallon." I thought that was pretty cool.
Unfortunately, Weights & Measures did not agree and the company had to
simplify the statement of content to the far more prosaic "four
liters." My feeling is that, if there can be metric tons, why not also
metric gallons? For the average Joe Blow working a job that requires
the use of a special hand-cleaner, "one metric gallon" probably makes
more sin... uh, sense than "four liters."

-Wilson

--
-Wilson Gray