"Mother said there'd be days like this."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 27 11:42:02 UTC 2005

Partridge dates this to World War I but gives no cite.  I heard it in the '50s or '60s (as "told me"), and Google shows it still to be current.

1933 John Lee Mahin & John Meehan _The Prizefighter and the Lady_ (film) : Mother said there'd be days like this.

At least one Usenet ex. adds, "But she didn't say there'd be so many."  This is familiar to me too.

JL