Kool-Aid drinker = dupe of propagandists, publicists, etc.

Orion Montoya gorion at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 28 14:36:57 UTC 2005

Last week in conversation about some software*, a co-worker said I
"hadn't drunk the [program] kool-aid yet."  In this sense a kool-aid
drinker is not a dupe but a convert.  In fact, I suppose, he was
referring to kool-aid drinking from Jim Jones' perspective: that as
soon as I drink the kool-aid, my life will be better and I will be
transported to a higher plane [of efficiency].  Perhaps I should be
disturbed by this.

O.

* Planner mode for emacs.
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/PlannerMode.php