Amicicide

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 28 20:11:08 UTC 2005

A-MY-sih-side?! No wonder that you hadn't thought of it, Doug! That
doesn't take into account Trisyllabic Shortening. IAC, FWIW, I vote
for a-MIH-sih-side. However, I'm not willing to give my life in
defense of it. I'm also down with AM-ih-sih-side.

This reminds of a discussion that I had with a friend as to whether
one should pronounce "miscegenation" as MIH-sih-jih-NAY-shun or as
mih-SEH-jih-NAY-shun: interesting, but nothing to lose sleep over.

-Wilson

--
-Wilson Gray