Early Citations for "Cool"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 29 12:58:34 UTC 2005

Thank you for your clarifying response, Ben. In the course of my life,
I've come to know quite well two Jerseyites, a woman from Paterson -
BTW, did you know that Paterson Falls is second only to Niagara Falls
in some feature that I've unfortuately forgotten? - and a guy from
Trenton. She speaks with what I would, in my ignorance, classify as a
New York accent, whereas the guy speaks what sounds to me like
ordinary English. Of course, I'm talking about the '60's, so I don't
consider my naive impressions from forty years ago to be valid today.
I just thought I'd throw them in as an FWIW. BTW, both speakers are
white.

-Wilson

--
-Wilson Gray