Sucking eggs

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Fri Sep 30 15:09:50 UTC 2005

It is said that worthless dogs will rob hens' nests and suck eggs.
Where I grew up (near Louisville, KY, but much more widespread
according to DARE), an "Egg-suckin' dog" was a worthless, no-good one
and it was often transferred to humans of the same value.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor