army ranks [was: assorted comments]

Sat Apr 1 02:35:35 UTC 2006

Wilson sez:

I stand corrected. But I ain't goin' down like that.

Perhaps it's the fault of the Army itself and the teachers at the old Army
Languaage School, since the textbooks that they had prepared together always
referred to the "Red" Army. I can't recall whether the term, "Red Army,"
ever occurred in any intercepted speech, but my guess is that it didn't.
<<<

How about the Red Army Chorus? It may be officially the Soviet Army Chorus,
but it's been called the Red Army Chorus for a long time. (Or "Choir",
according to Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Choir .)

-- Mark A. Mandel, The Filker With No Nickname
   http://filk.cracksandshards.com/