More old GI slang

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Apr 3 13:50:45 UTC 2006

Wilson,

I just deal with my experience in different areas of the world since I look
on this list as a way of adding references not checking them out.

Out of curiosity :-) is the seven step in any way related to the "Mexican
two step" which all of us who have eaten too many jalapenos at a sitting or
drunk polluted water are well familiar with.

It is a fast dance but only in one direction which might make it unique
although it also involves bumping people aside so it might be a precursor
to some forms of contemporary dance.

By the way I learned this phrase in southern Illinois in the 1950s.

Page Stephens

> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: More old GI slang

---