Peasant? and Village?

Sean Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Wed Apr 12 23:49:06 UTC 2006

I wrote :  That description [of Oak Park, IL] in most of its particulars
could describe my wife's hometown of Swarthmore, PA.

Uunh . . . one of the particulars in which Swarthmore doesn't resemble Oak
Park, is that it is incorporated as a BOROUGH, not as a village.  There are
villages and towns in PA, but they are unincorporated and may even lie in
more than one legal jurisdiction.  In Swarthmore, by the way, one says "I am
going down to the ville" to indicate the little business district next to
the commuter rail station.

Sean Fitzpatrick

Help the ontologically challenged realize their potential