"You Want It When?"

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Thu Apr 13 17:36:51 UTC 2006

Alan Dundes and Carl Pragter, in their book When You're Up
to Your Ass in Alligators: More Urban Folklore from the
Paperwork Empire (Wayne State UP, 1987), pp. 167-68, print a
version of the "classic" cartoon--four humanoid figures
rolling in laughter, with the caption "You want it WHEN?"--
collected in 1976.  Dundes and Pragter cite versions from
Great Britain (1981) and Germany (1982).

--Charlie