national anthem in spanish

Dennis Baron debaron at UIUC.EDU
Sat Apr 29 23:06:37 UTC 2006

I have to teach on Monday, because I have only 2 classes left this
semester. But I will be showing a quicktime movie containing a
montage of clips relevant to the May 1 demonstrations. I created it
from materials on the web: news reports from CNN, Fox, NBC, CBS, and
a segment of the Colbert Report, and it takes a wry look at the
controversy over the translation of the national anthem into Spanish.
It's on the web if you'd like to take a look, to use it in your
classes, or to pass it on to others who might be interested:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/debaron/www/403/anthem.mov

Best,

Dennis

Dennis Baron                                                home:
217-351-6471
Professor of English and linguistics        mobile: 217-840-0776
University of Illinois                                           fax:
217-333-4321
608 S. Wright St.
Urbana IL 61801              https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/debaron/www