"collegiate hat"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 1 22:41:57 UTC 2006

Back in my day, which was about fifteen minutes ago, we called these things "baseball caps."  It didn't matter what, if anything, was sewn or printed on the front.

  But the good merchants here: http://www.whitepassrailroad.com/trainshoppe/products.php?g1=fc43e5&g2=1765c2&n=2

  prefer _collegiate hat_ for some durn reason, even if there ain't no college symbol on 'em!

  I'm thinkin' of sellin' 'em to college kids plain, with the visor on the back for two bucks more.

  JL