"knock" = "vagina", 1664?

Sun Aug 6 13:46:02 UTC 2006

I asked :
>= "nook"? related to modern "nookie"?

"Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET> replied:

Previously I had not mentioned another quotation, this from 1681
Massachusetts: "he that knoked her laste knoked her eyes oute".  This
appears to correspond to OED2, "knock v." sense 2.d, "to copulate
with".  I therefore looked under "knock" nouns for a similar sense
for the excerpt below, and didn't find one.  (I also didn't find an
appropriate sense under "nock", because I only have access to
OED2.)   From the "knock v." analog and its dates (from 1598 on), I
wouldn't look to "nookie".
<<<

I didn't mean to suggest "nookie" as source, but as a variant or derivative
of "knock" noun.

m a m