Ed Koch on agreeing with a politican on all issues

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 9 15:44:50 UTC 2006

Ed Koch yesterday on NY1 repeated his old saying about one-issue candidates
and agreeing with a politician on most or all of the issues. Does it show up
earlier in Factiva? Search for Ed Koch and "see a psychiatrist" or "have your
head examined."
Koch's comments were about the one-issue Connecticut senate race. (The
one-issue candidate won.)
_http://tks.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjFjZTk1NTcyNDVhYzQzOTg3YjI0OWFlOGZlZDI
zYmE_
(http://tks.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjFjZTk1NTcyNDVhYzQzOTg3YjI0OWFlOGZlZDIzYmE)

There’s a quote from former New York City mayor Ed Koch that begins Joe  Klein
’s latest book: “If you agree with me on nine out of 12 issues, vote for
me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist.”
_http://www.nycivic.org/articles/050114.html_
(http://www.nycivic.org/articles/050114.html)
A line that Ed Koch often used in his campaigns is,  "If you agree with me on
nine out of twelve issues, vote for me.  If you  agree with me on twelve out
of twelve, see a psychiatrist."  When you make  a choice, think of what he
said.  And remember that you can change your  mind until you pull the lever.
_http://ace.mu.nu/archives/176888.php_ (http://ace.mu.nu/archives/176888.php)
I like this Ed Koch  quote: “If you agree with me on nine out of 12 issues,
vote for me. If you agree  with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist.”
25 September 1996, <i>Mountain Democrat</i> (Placerville, CA),  pg. A5:
Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch recently discussed politics on
television. He said that if one can agree with a politician on eight out of 12  major
issues he should vote for him or her. If one agrees with a politician on
everything he should see a psychiatrist, obviously he is a mental case.