"pig" as policeman

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 10 03:17:08 UTC 2006

To coin a phrase, "Can I get a witness?!" The 'Sixties are the only
part of my life that I'd be willing to relive, still as unhip as I was
the first time around. Maybe it has to do with the fact that Paul and
I were both born in the 'Thirties. Another old song was too new for
the 'Sixties, but it captures some of the spirit of the earlier era:

MDo a little dance
Make a little love
Get down tonight! Get down tonight!

-Wilson

On 8/9/06, Paul Johnson <paulzjoh at mtnhome.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Paul Johnson <paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM>
> Subject:      Re: "pig" as policeman
>
> paul m johnson was born in 1935 and loved and loved frequently in the
> '60s.  Hell, got a divorce in 65 and I still loved the 60s.

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have
found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be
imposed upon them.

Frederick Douglass