Doom Pussy publishing date?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 14 01:26:04 UTC 2006

Elaine Shepard was in Vietnam as a journalist in 1966. That is the year she took her notes and wrote _The Doom Pussy_. The February, 1967, publication date virtually precludes the book's having been written, edited, and proofread after the end of 1966.

  The year of the imaginary "Philadelphia Experiment" was 1943. The USS _Eldridge_  however, was real.

  JL

Fred Shapiro <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Fred Shapiro
Subject: Re: Doom Pussy publishing date?

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Sam Clements wrote:

> Was there any version of the book published with a copyright date of 1966?

I don't see any evidence of a 1966 publication date in WorldCat, Eureka,
or the Library of Congress or Yale catalogs. It's not clear where HDAS
gets its 1966 dating.

Fred Shapiro

Fred R. Shapiro Editor
Associate Librarian for Collections and YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS
Access and Lecturer in Legal Research Yale University Press,
Yale Law School forthcoming
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu http://quotationdictionary.com