Spelling pronunciation spot-check

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Thu Aug 17 20:50:22 UTC 2006

I don't find 'ca[l]m' surprising at all.  What I do find surprising is
that you find it odd enough to comment on it.  I hear it quite often
(pronounce the <t>!!) and say [l] in calm, palm, and almond.
Fritz J

>>> wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM 8/16/2006 1:54 PM >>>
Carol Lin has a clear L in "calm" that is roughly comparable to that in
"column" (though of course without the following vowel).  At least she
did this morning. It was very noticeable.

  JL