A new word?

Fri Aug 18 13:43:00 UTC 2006

Wilson reminisces:

Probably the late '50's, Mark. [1] I remember Smokey from the '40's. He
was around During The War.

Do you have any idea what the point of that strip was? [2] I understood
nothing, though, clearly, the strip was memorable.

NOTARY SOJAC [3] , not to mention 1506 NIX NIX. [4]

 <<<<<
1.  Late 50s works. I remember writing "foo" with my finger on a
winter-fogged window, and my grandmother's over-the-top reaction. It turned
out she thought I was writing another word beginning with the same letter.
... And that places it, almost certainly, late 50s.

2.  No idea. Lots of weird puns and weirdness in general, which I
appreciated without always understanding.

3.  Remember that one! But it was only later that I learned what "notary
public" meant.

4. That one I don't recall.

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]